Source: Energy Information Administration (EIA), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- According to the federal Energy Information Administration (EIA), natural gas”
- Emits 44 percent less CO2 than electricity,
- Emits nearly 28 percent less CO2 than fuel oil, and
- Generates less sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and particulate matter than oil or coal
- The cleanliness of gas means that not only does it produce less pollution, but also environmental controls on gas equipment are usually much less expensive than for other fuels.